The International Music Festival
Cesky Krumlov 16.07.2021 - 07.08.2021
Come and visit the picturesque medieval town of Cesky Krumlov, situated on both banks of the Vltava River in the romantic countryside of South Bohemia. The unique complex of historic buildings and a castle was declared a UNESCO Cultural and Natural Heritage site in 1992.
Cesky Krumlov is a city filled with historical artifacts, a rich heritage of arts and culture as well as magic! Come and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere here, visit galleries, do some shopping and enjoy the many festivals that take place (depending on the season).
About the Festival
The International Music Festival Cesky Krumlov
- is one of the most important cultural events in the Czech Republic with a tradition dating back to 1992 and has become a permanent element in the European cultural calendar;
- is a prestigious summer showcase of world musical culture and its latest trends, with a wide range of music from the 15th till the 21st century, presenting important Czech and foreign artists which takes place during five weeks in July and August;
- focuses on classical music, jazz, folklore, musical, opera and crossover genres;
- takes place in unique indoor and open air locations of the Cesky Krumlov State Castle and Chateau and other locations in the town with unparalleled genius loci included in the UNESCO World Heritage List;
- is plentifully visited by visitors from the Czech Republic and abroad, political representations, members of diplomatic bodies and important personalities of the cultural and economic sphere;
- is organized by Auviex, s.r.o. together with International Music Festival Český Krumlov, o.s. and the National Heritage Authority Office in České Budějovice;
- is held under the auspices and with the participation of the President of the Czech Republic, the Prime Minister of the Czech Republic, the Minister of Culture of the Czech Republic, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, the Minister of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic, the Minister for Regional Development of the Czech Republic, the Governor of the South Bohemian Region, the Mayor of Český Krumlov and the ambassadors of the participating countries;
- is a member of the Czech Association of Music Festivals.
Programme 2021 will be published on-line here.
Choose from a programme of concerts and events in which you want to participate- we will provide the tickets. The ticket price is listed in the programme for each concert. To order tickets fill out the contact form below.
Concert tickets will be arranged only with an order of at least one of other travel services (flights, accommodation, transfer to hotel etc.)
Travel and additional services
Flights, transfers, car hire
If you require any of these services, we can provide them. Flight tickets, airport transfers to and from hotels and car hire from reputable rental agencies.
For hotel reservations, you can use the online global booking system through which you can choose the best offer of accommodation facilities in all worldwide categories.
Book online here.
If you choose not to use the online system, you have special accommodation request and you prefer a more personal touch, please feel free to let us know (fill in the contact form below) and we will gladly assist you with choosing accommodation.
Additional programmes/tourist attractions
We can assist you in putting together some tailor-made activities – don’t hesitate to let us know.
- City Tour and Krumlov Castle
If you want to get acquainted with the charming city as well as its mysteries, embark on a guided tour of the city with a qualified guide who will fill you in on the past as well as present day Cesky Krumlov. The tour can be customised according to your interests whether whether history, architecture or religion and so on.
- Price is dependent on the number of people in the group, requested tour language and the chosen route.
- Rafting Cruise Unique experience
Cesky Krumlov is situated on the Vltava River and from that level, offers a unique perspective on the city. A qualified guide will introduce you to the history and architecture of the city which is closely tied to the river. You can also keep your feet dry and také a cruise on a raft in the historical centre! Evening cruises and cruises accompanied by music cost extra.
- What to see
- Krumlov Castle, the castle gardens and Baroque Theatre
- Museums and galleries – eg. The Egon Schiele Art Centre and Museum of historical motorcycles
- Marionette museum
- Excursions: Graphite mine or Eggenberg brewery
If you should require any of our services offered, please fill in the contact form below. If you have any additional requests, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Requests are not binding. We will contact you with specific prices and conditions.